Author:Thomas Embly Osmun
|←Author Index: Os||Thomas Embly Osmun
|American author; pseudonym Alfred Ayres|
- The Verbalist (1881) (External scan)
- Ayres, Alfred (1880). The orthoepist: A pronouncing manual, containing about three thousand five hundred words, including a considerable number of the names of foreign authors, artists, etc., that are often mispronounced. NY: Appleton.
- Ayres, Alfred (1882). The verbalist: A manual devoted to brief discussions of the right and wrong use of words and to some other matters of interest to those who would speak and write with propriety. NY: Appleton.
- Ayres, Alfred (1883). The English grammar of William Cobbett. Carefully revised and annotated by Alfred Ayres. NY: Appleton
- Ayres, Alfred (1884). The mentor: A little book for the guidance of such men and boys as would appear to advantage in the society of persons of the better sort. NY: Funk and Wagnals
- Ayres, Alfred (1886). The essentials of elocution. NY and London: Funk and Wagnalls Co. (Revised in 1897)
- Ayres, Alfred (1894) Acting and actors, elocution and elocutionists: A Book about theatre folk and theatre art. NY Appleton
- Ayres, Alfred (1901). Some ill-used words. New York: D. Appleton.
- Ayres, Alfred (1903). Acting and actors, elocution and elocutionists: A book about theater folk and theater art, by Alfred Ayres [pseud.] with preface by Harrison Grey Fiske, introduction by Edgar S. Werner, prologue by James A. Waldron. D. Appleton, 2d ed., with supplement.
|Works by this author published before January 1, 1923 are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.|