|←Author Index: Ha||Thomas Hardy
A novelist, short story writer, and poet of the naturalist movement.|
The icon identifies that the work includes a spoken word version.
- Desperate Remedies, 1871
- Under the Greenwood Tree, 1872
- A Pair Of Blue Eyes, 1873
- Far from the Madding Crowd, 1874
- The Hand of Ethelberta, 1876
- The Return of the Native, 1878
- An Indiscretion in the Life of an Heiress, 1878
- The Trumpet-Major, 1880
- A Laodicean, 1880
- Two On A Tower, 1882
- The Woodlanders, 1883 (1887?)
- The Mayor of Casterbridge, 1886
- Tess of the d'Urbervilles, 1891
- (The Pursuit Of) The Well-Beloved, 1892 (revised in book form 1897)
- The Three Wayfarers, 1893
- Jude the Obscure, 1895
- Wessex Tales: Strange, Lively And Commonplace, 1888
- A Group of Noble Dames, 1891
- Life's Little Ironies And A Few Crusted Characters, 1894
- A Changed Man And Other Tales, 1913
- Old Mrs Chundle And Other Stories, 1929
From Wessex Poems and Other Verses
From Satires of Circumstance
Poems of 1912-13
- The Going
- Your Last Drive
- The Walk
- Rain on a Grave
- Without Ceremony
- The Haunter
- His Visitor
- After a Journey
- At Castle Boterel
- "The Man He Killed", ?
- "The Going of the Battery, Wives' Lament", 1899
- "The Dynasts", 1904
- "The Darkling Thrush", 1900
- The Blinded Bird
- "A Wife In London", December 1899
- "Channel Firing", 1914
- "A Trampwoman's Tragedy" (1903)
- "Weathers", ?
- From A Treasury of War Poetry, ... 1914-1919 (1917):
- 'The Oxen', The Year's at the Spring, 1920.
|Some or all works by this author are in the public domain in the United States because they were published before January 1, 1923.
The author died in 1928, so works by this author are also in the public domain in countries and areas where the copyright term is the author's life plus 80 years or less. Works by this author may also be in the public domain in countries and areas with longer native copyright terms that apply the rule of the shorter term to foreign works.