Author:Tobias George Smollett
|←Author Index: Sm||Tobias George Smollett
|Roderick Random and Peregrine PickleScottish author best known for his picaresque novels, such as|
- The Tears of Scotland
- The Adventures of Roderick Random, 1748
- The Expedition of Humphry Clinker, 1771
- The Adventures of Ferdinand Count Fathom, 1753
- The Adventures of Peregrine Pickle, 1751
- “Smollett, Tobias George,” in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.
- “Smollett, Tobias George,” in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons, 1910.
Works by this author published before January 1, 1923 are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.