Author:Ulysses S. Grant
|←Author Index: Gr||Hiram Ulysses Grant
|Andrew Johnson; succeeded by Rutherford Hayes. Union and Army four-star General (1839 - 1854, 1861 - 1869).18th President of the United States (1869 – 1877), with Schuyler Colfax (1869 - 1873) and Henry Wilson (1873 - 1875), succeeding|
State of the Union addresses
- First State of the Union address (6 December 1869)
- Second State of the Union address (5 December 1870)
- Third State of the Union address (4 December 1871)
- Fourth State of the Union address (2 December 1872)
- Fifth State of the Union address (1 December 1873)
- Sixth State of the Union address (7 December 1874)
- Seventh State of the Union address (7 December 1875)
- Eighth State of the Union address (5 December 1876)
- Executive Orders
- Personal Memoirs of U.S. Grant, (1886)
- “Testimony of General U. S. Grant,” in the Southern Historical Society Papers Volume 1, April 1876, regarding the treatment of prisoners in the Civil War
- “Grant, Ulysses S.” by Rossiter Johnson in The American Cyclopædia, 1879.
- Twain's telegraph to his wife regarding Grant, March 4, 1885
- “Grant, Ulysses Simpson” by Alexander Johnston in Encyclopædia Britannica (9th ed.), 1888.
- Horace Porter, “Grant, Ulysses S.,” Appletons' Cyclopædia of American Biography. New York: D. Appleton and Co., 1892.
- Harry A. Cushing, “Grant, (Hiram) Ulysses Simpson,” The New International Encyclopædia. New York: Dodd, Mead and Co., 1905.
- “Grant, Ulysses Simpson” in The Nuttall Encyclopædia by James Wood, London: Frederick Warne and Co., Ltd., 1907.
- “Grant, Ulysses Simpson” by John Fiske and Charles Francis Atkinson in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911.
- Horace Porter, “Ulysses S. Grant” in The Presidents of the United States, 1789-1914, 1914. The text for this is based almost word-for-word on the Appletons' Cyclopædia of American Biography article. The illustrations are quite different.
- “Grant, Ulysses S,” The New Student's Reference Work, Chicago: F.E. Compton and Co., 1914.
- “Grant, (Hiram) Ulysses Simpson” by Irving E. Rines in The Encyclopedia Americana. New York, 1920.
- “Grant, Ulysses Simpson,” Collier's New Encyclopedia. New York: P.F. Collier & Son Co., 1921.
- “Grant, Ulysses Simpson” by Joseph McCabe in A Biographical Dictionary of Ancient, Medieval, and Modern Freethinkers, 1945.
|Works by this author published before January 1, 1923 are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.|