(Redirected from Author:W. Bagehot)
|←Author Index: Ba||Walter Bagehot
|English publicist and economist, editor of the Economist newspaper|
- The English Constitution (1867) first ed., (1894) seventh ed.
- Physics and Politics; or, Thoughts on the Application of the Principles of 'Natural Selection' and 'Inheritance' to Political Society (1872); review by Alfred R. Wallace in Popular Science Monthly Vol. 3 (May 1873)
- Lombard Street: A Description of the Money Market (1873) New edition: (1917)
Articles in Popular Science Monthly
Works about Bagehot
- “Bagehot, Walter” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911
- “Walter Bagehot” in Littell's Living Age, 133 (1715)
- “Bagehot, Walter,” The New Student's Reference Work, Chicago: F.E. Compton and Co., 1914.
- “Bagehot, Walter,” in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons, 1910.
- “Bagehot, Walter,” in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.
- "Walter Bagehot" in Studies of a Biographer vol. 3 by Leslie Stephen
Works by this author published before January 1, 1923 are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.