Author:Wallace Martin Lindsay
|←Author Index: Li||Wallace Martin Lindsay
Scottish classicist who was Professor of Humanity at St Andrews University.
This author wrote articles for the 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica.
Articles attributed to this author are designated in EB1911 by the initials "W. M. L."
- The Latin language: an historical account of Latin sounds, stems and flexions, Oxford 1894 (Archive.org, Google Book Search, Google Book Search)
- A short historical Latin grammar, Oxford 1895 (Archive.org, Archive.org, Google Book Search)
- An Introduction to Latin Textual Emendation: Based on the Text of Plautus, London 1896 (Google Book Search)
- Handbook of Latin inscriptions: illustrating the history of the language, Boston 1897 (Archive.org, Google Book Search)
- The Codex Turnebi of Plautus, Oxford 1898 (Archive.org)
- The Captivi of Plautus, London 1900 (Archive.org, Google Book Search, Google Book Search)
- Nonius Marcellus' Dictionary of republican Latin, Oxford 1901 (Archive.org)
- The ancient editions of Martial, with collations of the Berlin & Edinburgh mss., Oxford 1903
- Nonius Marcellus, De compendiosa doctrina l. XX, ed., 3 voll., Leipzig, Teubner, 1903 (repr. Hildesheim, Olms, 1964)
- M. Val. Martialis Epigrammata, ed., 1903, sec. ed. 1929 (OCT) (Archive.org, Archive.org)
- The ancient editions of Plautus, Oxford 1904 (Archive.org, Google Book Search)
- T. Macci Plauti Comoediae, ed., 2 volumes, Oxford 1904-1905 Reprint 1936 (OCT, vol. 1 Archive.org; vol. 2 Archive.org)
- Contractions in early Latin minuscule MSS, Oxford 1908 (Archive.org)
- Isidori Hispalensis episcopi Etymologiarum sive Originum libri XX, ed., 2 Voll., Oxford 1911 (OCT) (Archive.org)
- Sextus Pompeius Festus, ed., De verborum significatu quae supersunt cum Pauli epitome, Leipzig, Teubner, 1913 (repr. Hildesheim, Olms, 1978)
- Notae latinae: an account of abbreviation in Latin mss. of the early minuscule period, Cambridge 1915 (Archive.org, Archive.org, Archive.org)
- Ancient lore in medieval Latin glossaries, London/New York 1921 (Archive.org)
- Glossaria Latina, ed., 5 voll, Cambridge, 1926-1931 (Archive.org)
- The Corpus, Épinal, Erfurt and Leyden glossaries, London/New York 1921 (Archive.org, Archive.org)
- Early Latin Verse, Oxford 1922 (Archive.org)
- “Inscriptions” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911. (Latin (in part))
|Some or all works by this author are in the public domain in the United States because they were published before January 1, 1923.
The author died in 1937, so works by this author are also in the public domain in countries and areas where the copyright term is the author's life plus 75 years or less. Works by this author may also be in the public domain in countries and areas with longer native copyright terms that apply the rule of the shorter term to foreign works.