|←Author Index: Ry||Walter Rye
|English athlete and antiquary.
This author wrote articles for the Dictionary of National Biography, and the list on this page is complete to 1901.
Articles written by this author are designated in the DNB by the initials "W. R." in vol. 5, 28, 33 and "W. R-e." in vol. 41.
- An index to Norfolk topography (1881) 
- Some rough materials for a history of the hundred of North Erpingham in the County of Norfolk (1883) in 2 vols.
- A history of Norfolk (1885) 
- Report on the Manuscripts of the Family of Gawdy, Formerly of Norfolk (1885) 
- A Short Calendar of the Feet of Fines for Norfolk (1886) 
- Cromer, past and present (1889) 
- A Glossary of Words Used in East Anglia (1895) 
- An index rerum to Norfolk antiquities (1899) 
- Suffolk Institute of Archaeology and Natural History. A Calendar of the Feet of Fines for Suffolk (1900) 
- A Short Calendar of the Deeds Relating to Norwich (1903) 
- The Norfolk Antiquarian Miscellany (1906) 
- A list of coat armour used in Norfolk before the date of the first herald's visitation of 1563 (1917) in 2 vols.
- Scandinavian names in Norfolk: hundred courts, mote hills, toothills, and Roman camps and remains in Norfolk (1920) 
- RHS Bibliography 
- Records and record searching; a guide to the genealogist and topographer
- Blomefield, Francis
- Howlett, Samuel Burt
- Le Neve, John
- Le Neve, Peter
- Le Neve, William
- L'Estrange, John
- Norris, Antony
Works about Rye
- Peter Rye. Walter Rye, 1843-1929. Dereham: Larks Press, 1996. 13 p. ISBN 0948400420
- “Obituary: Walter Rye” in The Times (1929)
|Some or all works by this author are in the public domain in the United States because they were published before January 1, 1923.
The author died in 1929, so works by this author are also in the public domain in countries and areas where the copyright term is the author's life plus 80 years or less. Works by this author may also be in the public domain in countries and areas with longer native copyright terms that apply the rule of the shorter term to foreign works.