Author:Walter William Skeat
|←Author Index: Sk||Walter William Skeat
This author wrote articles for the 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica.
Articles attributed to this author are designated in EB1911 by the initials "W. W. S."
- The Complete Works of Geoffrey Chaucer (as Editor, 1894)
- Vol. I - Romaunt of the Rose; Minor Poems
- Vol. II - Boethius and Troilus
- Vol. III - The House of Fame; The Legend of Good Women; The Treatise on the Astrolabe; with an Account of the Sources of the Canterbury Tales
- Vol. IV - The Canterbury Tales: Text
- Vol. V - Notes to the Canterbury Tales
- Vol. VI - General Introduction to the Edition, Glossary, and Indexes
- Chaucerian and Other Pieces (as Editor, 1897, a supplement to The Complete Works)
- “ ‘Snakestones’ and Stone Thunderbolts as Subjects for Systematic Investigation” Folk-Lore, volume 23 (1912), pp. 45–79.
- An Etymological Dictionary of the English Language
- “Layamon” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911.
- Ælfric's Lives of Saints (as an editor and co-translator)
|Works by this author published before January 1, 1923 are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.|