Author:William Archibald Dunning
|←Author Index: Du||William A. Dunning
Lectured in history at Columbia University. Dunning was among the founders of the American Historical Association and AHA president in 1913. Founded the Dunning School of Reconstruction historiography at Columbia.
This author wrote articles for the 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica.
Articles attributed to this author are designated in EB1911 by the initials "W. A. D."
- History of Political Theories, Ancient and Mediœval (3 vol., 1902–20)
- Reconstruction—Essays on the Civil War and Reconstruction (1898, rev. ed. 1904)
- History of Political Theories from Luther to Montesquieu (1905)
- Reconstruction, Political and Economic, 1865–1877 (1907)
- A Sketch of Carl Schurz's Political Career 1869-1906 (with Frederic Bancroft), New York: McClure's Publ. Co., 1908.
- Paying for Alaska (1912)
- The British Empire and the United States (1914)
Some or all works by this author are in the public domain in the United States because they were published before January 1, 1923.
The author died in 1922, so works by this author are also in the public domain in countries and areas where the copyright term is the author's life plus 80 years or less. Works by this author may also be in the public domain in countries and areas with longer native copyright terms that apply the rule of the shorter term to foreign works.