Author:William Archibald Dunning
|←Author Index: Du||William A. Dunning
Lectured in history at Columbia University. Dunning was among the founders of the American Historical Association and AHA president in 1913. Founded the Dunning School of Reconstruction historiography at Columbia.
This author wrote articles for the 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica.
Articles attributed to this author are designated in EB1911 by the initials "W. A. D."
- History of Political Theories, Ancient and Mediœval (3 vol., 1902–20)
- Reconstruction—Essays on the Civil War and Reconstruction (1898, rev. ed. 1904)
- History of Political Theories from Luther to Montesquieu (1905)
- Reconstruction, Political and Economic, 1865–1877 (1907)
- A Sketch of Carl Schurz's Political Career 1869-1906 (with Frederic Bancroft), New York: McClure's Publ. Co., 1908.
- Paying for Alaska (1912)
- The British Empire and the United States (1914)