Author:William Hickling Prescott
|←Author Index: Pr||William Hickling Prescott
|American historian and hispanist who is widely recognized by historiographers to have been the first American scientific historian. Prescott became one of the most eminent historians of the 19th century.|
- History of the Reign of Ferdinand and Isabella the Catholic
- 1st edition, in 4 Vols. (1837)
- 10th edition, in 3 Vols. (1846)
- History of the Conquest of Mexico 3 Vols. (1843)
- History of the Conquest of Peru 2 Vols. (1847)
- History of the Reign of Phillip II 4 Vols. (1856–1858)
- Conquest of Peru
Works about Prescott
- Life of William Hickling Prescott by George Ticknor (1864)
- “Prescott, William Hickling,” in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons, 1910.
On his works
Works by this author published before January 1, 1923 are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.