|←Author Index: Ho||William Howitt
- The Forest Minstrels and other Poems (1821)
- The Book of the Seasons, or the Calendar of Nature (1831)
- Popular History of Priestcraft (1833)
- Colonization and Christianity (1838) (transcription project)
- The Student Life of Germany (1841)
- The Literature and Romance of Northern Europe (1852)
- A Boy's Adventures in the Wilds of Australia (1854)
- Land, Labor and Gold; or, Two Years in Victoria (1855)
- Tallangetta, the Squatter's Home (1857).
- Letters on Transportation
- The History of Discovery in Australia, Tasmania, and New Zealand
Works about Howitt
- “Howitt, William,” in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.
- “Howitt, William,” in The Dictionary of Australasian Biography, London: Hutchinson & Co., (1892).
Works by this author published before January 1, 1923 are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.