Author:William James Ashley
|←Author Index: As||Sir William James Ashley
|English economic historian|
- An Introduction to English Economic History and Theory, Part I: The Middle Ages (1888); dedicated to the memory of Arnold Toynbee.
- 'The Rehabilitation of Ricardo' (1891). In: The Economic Journal, Vol. 1, pp. 474-489.
- An Introduction to English Economic History and Theory, Part II: The End of the Middle Ages, (1893)
- Surveys historic and economic (1900)
- The Tariff Problem (1903)
- The adjustment of wages: a study in the coal and iron industries of Great Britain and America (1903). London: Longmans, Green
- The Progress of the German working classes in the last quarter of the century (1904). London : Longmans, Green & Co.
- 'The Present Position of Political Economy' (1907). In: The Economic Journal, Vol. 17 (68), pp. 467–489.
- 'Introduction' and 'Bibliographical Appendix' (1909). In: Mill, John Stuart - Principles of Political Economy (7th ed.).
- Gold and Prices (1912)
- The Economic Organisation of England : An Outline History (1914)
- Reflections on the Formation and the Distribution of Riches (1898) by Anne-Robert-Jacques Turgot (1770)
Works about William James Ashley
- Anne Ashley - William James Ashley: A Life, London, P.S. King (1932)
- J. H. Clapham - 'Sir William Ashley'. In: The Economic Journal Vol. 37, No. 148 (Dec. 1927), p. 678.
- Gregory C.G. Moore - 'One Hundred Years from Now: W.J. Ashley, The Tariff Problem'. In: History of Economics Review, v. 38 (Summer 2003) pp. 53-68
Some or all works by this author are in the public domain in the United States because they were published before January 1, 1923.
The author died in 1927, so works by this author are also in the public domain in countries and areas where the copyright term is the author's life plus 80 years or less. Works by this author may also be in the public domain in countries and areas with longer native copyright terms that apply the rule of the shorter term to foreign works.