|←Author Index: Mu||William Muir
|Scottish Orientalist and colonial administrator|
- A Life of Mahomet and History of Islam to the Era of the Hegira.
- The Koran: its Composition and Teaching.
- The Mohammedan Controversy.
- The Caliphate: Its Rise, Decline and Fall, Edinburgh, 1924.
- The opium revenue (1875)
Works about Muir
- “Muir, Sir William” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911
- “Muir, William,” in Dictionary of National Biography Second Supplement, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1912) in 3 vols.
Works by this author published before January 1, 1923 are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.