Author:William Pitt (1708-1778)
(Redirected from Author:William Pitt, 1st Earl of Chatham)
For authors with similar names, see Author:William Pitt.
|←Author Index: Pi||William Pitt
|William Pitt the Younger, he was British Prime Minister from 1766 to 1768.Often known as William Pitt the Elder to distinguish him from his son|
- The marriage of the Prince of Wales (1736)
- The Standing Army (1738)
- Speech against the Stamp Act (1766)
- The case of John Wilkes (1770)
- The State of the Nation (1770)
- The Defence of Weaker States (1770)
Works about Pitt
- “Chatham, William Pitt, Earl of,” Appletons' Cyclopædia of American Biography. New York: D. Appleton and Co., 1900.
- “Pitt, William (1708-1778),” in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.
Works by this author published before January 1, 1923 are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.