Author:Joseph ben Ephraim Karo
(Redirected from Author:Yosef Karo)
|←Author Index: Ka||Joseph ben Ephraim Karo
|Shulchan Aruch, an authoritative work on Halakhah (Jewish law)significant leader in Rabbinic Judaism and the author of the|
- Beit Yosef (בית יוסף) , a commentary on Arba'ah Turim
- Shulchan Aruch (שולחן ערוך), a major work of Jewish law, defining for Orthodox Judaism
- Kesef Mishneh (כסף משנה) (Venice, 1574-5), a commentary of Mishneh Torah by Maimonides
- Bedek Habayit (בדק הבית) (Salonica, 1605), supplements and corrections to Beit Yosef;
- Kelalei Hatalmud (כללי התלמוד) (Salonica, 1598), on the methodology of the Talmud;
- Maggid Meisharim (מגיד מישרים) (Lublin, 1646), and supplements (Venice, 1646)
- Avkat Rochel (אבקת רוכל) (Salonica, 1791), Responsa
- Derashot (דרשות) (Salonica, 1799), speeches, in the collection Oz Tzadikim.
Works by this author published before January 1, 1923 are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.