| Bandana Days (1922)
- Why the dearest days of my life
- Were Bandana days,
- Bandana days though filled with turmoil, trouble and strife,
- Dearest mem'ries will live always.
- In those dear old Bandana days,
- Cane and cotton ne'er forgotten,
- Bandana days.
- And those quaint old
- Bandana ways,
- When our dads were courting our dear mammies,
- They were sure some bashful sammies,
- And in all their Bandana plays,
- Banjos strummin', they'd be hummin'
- Bandana lays.
- And in the pale moonlight they'd swing left and right,
- In those dear old Bandana days.
|This work is in the public domain in the United States because it was published before January 1, 1923.
The author died in 1983, so this work is also in the public domain in countries and areas where the copyright term is the author's life plus 25 years or less. This work may also be in the public domain in countries and areas with longer native copyright terms that apply the rule of the shorter term to foreign works.