Bible (Wikisource)/1 Thessalonians
1. Paul and Silvanus and Timothy, to the church of the Thessalonians, which is in God the Father, and in the Lord Jesus Christ. Grace be with you and peace from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ,
2. We give thanks to God always concerning you all, mentioning you in our prayers,
3. Remembering unremittingly the faithful works of you all, the labour of love, and your patience in the expectation of our Lord Jesus Christ, in the presence of God our Father,
4. Realising, beloved brothers, that you are chosen by God,
5. For our Gospel message came to you not only in word, but also in power, and in the Holy Spirit, and in much assurance, as you are aware of the type of men who are among you for your sake.
6. And you have become our followers, and the Lord's, receiving the word in suffering, with the joy of the Holy Spirit,
7. So that you are a model to all of those who believe in Macedonia and Achaia.
8. From you the word of the Lord had been spoken forth, not only in Macedonia and Achaia, but also in every place your faith toward God has become known, so much so that we need say no more,
9. For those around us report of what kind of reception we received from you all, and of how you turned toward God from idols, to the service of the living and true God.
10. And to the anticipation of the coming of his Son out of the heavens, whom he rose from the dead, JESUS! Who saved us from the coming punishment.
1. You yourselves, brothers, know that our visit to you was not for nothing,
2. But, even after we had previously suffered and been treated shamefully, as you are aware, in Philippi, we were made brave by our God, in order to preach the Gospel of God to you, with much opposition.
3. For our preaching was not a deception or of anything unclean, nor is it fraudulent,
4. In accordance with us being chosen by God, to be entrusted with the Gospel we are not talking as men in order to be pleasing to our fellow man, but to God who tests what is in our hearts.
5. For we have not at any time used flattering words, as you are aware, nor have we acted in greed, as God is witness,
6. We did not seek the glory of men, neither from you or from others, even when we could have been a burden to you as Apostles of Christ.
7. But we came to you in gentleness, like a nursing mother cherishes her own children,
8. So then, having feelings of affection for you, we would delight in sharing with you, not only the Gospel of God, but also our very souls, as you have become so highly regarded by us.
9. For you remember, brethren, our toil and labouring by night and day, working so that we were not a burden to any of you, we preached to you the Gospel of God.
10. You bear witness, as doe's God also, of how piously and justly and blamelessly we conducted ourselves, when we were among you who believe,
11. Each one of you is aware, of how we instructed and comforted you all, as a father does his own children,
12. And how we witnessed unto you, so that you would walk worthily the path of God, the one who has called you into his Kingdom and glory
|Genesis • Exodus • Leviticus • Numbers • Deuteronomy • Joshua • Judges • Ruth • 1 Samuel • 2 Samuel • 1 Kings • 2 Kings • 1 Chronicles • 2 Chronicles • Ezra • Nehemiah • Esther • Job • Psalms • Proverbs • Ecclesiastes • Song of Solomon • Isaiah • Jeremiah • Lamentations • Ezekiel • Daniel • Hosea • Joel • Amos • Obadiah • Jonah • Micah • Nahum • Habakkuk • Zephaniah • Haggai • Zechariah • Malachi|
|1 Esdras • 2 Esdras • Tobit • Judith • Additions to Esther • Wisdom of Solomon • Susanna • Baruch • Additions to Daniel • Prayer of Manassheh • 1 Maccabees • 2 Maccabees|
|Matthew • Mark • Luke • John • Acts • Romans • 1 Corinthians • 2 Corinthians • Galatians • Ephesians • Philippians • Colossians • 1 Thessalonians • 2 Thessalonians • 1 Timothy • 2 Timothy • Titus • Philemon • Hebrews • James • 1 Peter • 2 Peter • 1 John • 2 John • 3 John • Jude • Revelation|