Bin Laden's letter to Mullah Mohammed Omar
In the Name of Allah the Merciful the Compassionate Praising Allah who Says: "Those who, if we establish them in the land, establish regular prayer and give Zakat, enjoin the right and forbid wrong: With Allah rests the end of affairs."
- - Al-Hajj, Verse 41.
To: Emir Al-Momineen Sheikh Mohammed ‘Omar, may Allah Protect him.
Peace, mercy and blessings of Allah upon you. We pray to Allah that you and all the brothers are in the best of health; closer and more devoted to Allah. We praise Allah the Almighty on what He bestows upon Muslims in this country of uniting them and application of the Sharia. We ask Him to remain observant of the truth; and unite us supporting and upholding his religion; after all, He is the guardian of His religion and capable of protecting it.
This is in regard the matters we would like to consult with you about:
First: The subject of continuing Jihad in the Islamic Republics
Allah honored the Afghani people by fighting for his sake against the Communists at a time when the Islamic world and Muslims were in a disgraceful humiliating situation. Then, Jihad came to Afghanistan and gave them back some of their pride and hope, and the communists were forced out in defeat by the grace of the Almighty Allah.
Following the Russians departure; the country was subjected to great calamity due to conflicts, differences, division, and competition over life materialistic things. This painful situation was reflected on the people of this country as well as in every place in the Islamic world especially the Islamic Republics who were looking towards supporting their Muslim brothers in Afghanistan. Then Allah conferred upon the Muslims under your leadership; united most of the country and Islamic law began to rule. We ask Allah to keep us observant of the truth to support his religion and our brothers in Bukhara, Samarqand, Tormoz and other Muslim states.
During the previous period; with the grace of Allah, we were successful in cooperating with our brothers in Tajikistan in various fields including training. We were able train a good number of them, arm them and deliver them to Tajikistan. Moreover, Allah facilitated to us delivering weapons and ammunition to them; we pray that Allah grants us all victory.
We need to cooperate all together to continue this matter, Jihad continuation in the Islamic Republics will certainly keep the enemies busy and divert them away from the Afghani issue and ease the pressure off.
The problem for the enemies of Islam will become how to stop the spreading of Islam into the Islamic Republics, not the Afghani issue. Consequently, the efforts of the Russians and their American allies will be scattered.
It is a fact that the Islamic Republic's region is rich with significant scientific experiences in conventional and non-conventional military industries, which will have a great role in future Jihad against the enemies of Islam.
Second: The matter of the Arabian Peninsula
The Arabian Peninsula has a great significance for many reasons. The most important of which are the following:
- The existence of the Ka’abah and the Prophet’s mosque
- The existence of 75% of the world’s oil in the gulf region; and whoever controls the oil controls the world’s economy.
- This explains the wide international interest in this matter. It also explains clearly the tenacity of the American forces and others to staying over the land of the two Holy Mosques, and their braggingthat they will not leave and abandon their interests in these areas.
- Many international media agencies corresponded with us requesting an interview with us. We believe this is a good opportunity to make Muslims aware of what is taking place over the land of the two Holy Mosques as well as of what is happening here in Afghanistan of establishing and strengthen the religion, and applying Sharia.
- It is obvious that the media war in this century is one of the strongest methods; in fact, its ratio may reach 90% of the total preparation for the battles. These matters and others of Muslim interests which we wish with Allah’s assistance to get together and consult about; hoping for His guidance to accomplish our goals. Peace, mercy and blessings of Allah upon you.
Osama Bin Laden