Cabinet Presidium Decision 127 of 1966
|Cabinet Presidium Decision 127 of 1966 (1966)
by , translated by Charles Coppel
|Badan Koordinasi Masalah Cina (1980). Pedoman Penyelesaian Masalah Cina di Indonesia 2. Badan Koordinasi Intelijen Negara, 393–395.|
|This translation of a non-English source text is incomplete.
If you'd like to help expand it, see the help pages and the style guide, or comment.
DECISION OF THE CABINET PRESIDIUM
No. 127 of 1966
THE CHAIRMAN OF THE CABINET PRESIDIUM,
- That in the framework of Indonesian nation and character building the process of assimilation of Indonesian citizens of 'foreign descent' into the body of the Indonesian nation must be accelerated;
- That replacing the names of Indonesians of foreign descent with names which conform to indigenous Indonesian names will assist in assimilation;
- That because of this, Indonesian citizens who still use Chinese names, and who wish to change their names to conform to indigenous Indonesian names, need to be given the fullest facilities by implementing a special procedure.
In view of: Law No. 4 of 1961
Determines: REGULATION ON NAME CHANGING FOR INDONESIAN CITIZENS WHO USE CHINESE NAMES AS FOLLOWS:
(1) Indonesian Citizens who still use Chinese personal and family names and who wish to replace them with names more in conformity with those customarily used in the Indonesian community, should state their wishes in writing to the Level II District Head or to an appointed official;
(2) Names chosen must not contravene the custom of a region, must not be considered as a title, and must not offend against propriety.
(4) This decision shall come into effect on 1 January 1967 and cease to have effect on 31 March 1968.
Issued at: JAKARTA
Date: 27 December 1966
AMPERA CABINET PRESIDIUM
General of the TNI
|This work is deemed not to be infringement of copyright in Indonesia since it is a:
This work still copyrighted. No modification allowed. Use original text only. See Article 14 Paragraph a and b of Copyright Act of Republic of Indonesia for more details.