Collier's New Encyclopedia (1921)/Delaware (Ohio)
DELAWARE, a city and county-seat of Delaware co., O.; on the Olentangy river, and the “Big Four,” Pennsylvania Company and several other railroads; 24 miles N. of Columbus. It is the trade center of Delaware and surrounding counties, and has manufactures of iron, flour, woolen, lumber, furniture, agricultural implements, etc. It is the seat of Ohio Wesleyan University. There are sulphur, magnesia, and other mineral springs near by, and the city has large railroad repair shops, hotels, daily and weekly newspapers and 2 National banks. Pop. (1920) 9,076; (1920) 8,756.