Collier's New Encyclopedia (1921)/Mühlhausen

From Wikisource
Jump to: navigation, search

MÜHLHAUSEN (mül'hou-zen), a town of Prussian Saxony, on the Unstrut, 25 miles N. N. W. of Gotha; is an active center of commerce, and has manufactures of woolen and cotton goods, hosiery, etc. An important imperial free city even in the 13th century, it came to Prussia in 1802, to Westphalia in 1807, and again to Prussia in 1815. Pop. about 35,000.