Dead Sea scrolls
|Dead Sea Scrolls|
|The Dead Sea Scrolls comprise roughly 825-870 documents, including texts from the Hebrew Bible, discovered between 1947 and 1956 in eleven caves in and around the Wadi Qumran (near the ruins of the ancient settlement of Khirbet Qumran, on the northwest shore of the Dead Sea). The texts are of great religious and historical significance, as they are practically the only known surviving Biblical documents written before AD 100.|
Pentateuchal stories and commentaries 
- Genesis Apocryphon
- The Book of Giants (4Q203 , 1Q23, 2Q26, 4Q530-532, 6Q8) may be part of the Enoch tradition (See VanderKam's article, "The Enoch Literature").
- 4Q158 (4QPPa) Reworked Pentateuch.
- 4Q201 (En ara) Enoch - exerpt from the story of the Watchers
- 4Q227 Enoch and the Watchers.
- 4Q537 (4QAJa) Vision of Jacob.
- 4Q370 (4QFloodAp) the Great Flood
Legal and ritual texts 
- A Phylactery (Mur 4 Phyl)
- 4Q159 Various Laws
- 4Q274 (4QTohorota) Ritual Purity Laws.
- 4Q396 (MMTc) Some Torah Precepts
- 4Q403 (ShirShabbd) Songs for the Sabbath Sacrifice
- 4Q414 A Baptismal Liturgy
Former Prophets stories and commentaries 
- 4Q448 Prayer For King Jonathan
Psalms, Hymns, Poetry 
- Apocryphal Psalms (4QPsf=4Q88, 4QapPs=4Q448, 11QPsa-b=11Q5-6).
- Plea for Deliverance (11QPsa=11Q5 col.xix)
- Thanksgiving Hymns #7 & 8 (1QH(odayot)a col.10).
Wisdom Literature 
- Wisdom Text (1Q26, 4QWisda=4Q410 & 4Q412-413, 4QWisdBa-b=4Q415, 4QWisdAa-d=4Q416-419, 4QRighta-b=4Q420-421, 4Qfarmer=4Q423).
- 4Q184 Wiles of the Wicked Woman
- 4Q302a The Parable of the Bountiful Tree
- 4Q424 (4QWisd) Collecton of Proverbs
Prophecy and Apocalyptic 
- The Book of Secrets (lQMyst=1Q27, 4QMysta-c=4Q299-301)
- The Chosen One (4Qelect=4Q534, 4QarNC=4Q535-6).
- Words of Michael (4Qmich=4Q529, 6Qunidar=6Q23).
- 4Q166 (4QpHosa) Hosea Commentary
- 11Q13 The Coming of Melchizedek
- 4Q521 Redemption and Resurrection
- 4Q246 (Aramaic Apocalypse)
- 1QM (War Scroll)
- 1QS (Community Rule)
- 1QSa (Messianic Rule)
- 1QSb (Blessings)
- 4Q174 Midrash on Last Days[?] (4QFlorilegium)
- 4Q175 (Testimonia)
- 4Q252 (4QpGen [Genesis Pesher])
- 4Q504 (Words of the Luminaries)
- 4Q521 (Messianic Apocalypse)
- 4QpIsa (Isaiah Pesher) (4Q161)
Sectarian literature 
- Tongues of Fire (1Q29, 4Q376)
- 4Q285 (SM) War Rule (frg.5)
- 4Q271 (Df) The Damascus Document
- 4Q258 Community Rule (excerpt)
- The New Jerusalem [first part] (1QJNar=1Q32, 2QExc=2Q4, 4QJMa=4Q554-5, 5QJNar=5Q15, 11QJN=11Q18).
- Observances (4QCal=4Q327 (Mishmarot), 4QMMTa4Q394).
- Physiognomic Horoscopes (4QCryptic-4Q186, 4QPhysiogn=4Q561).
- Targum of Job (4QtgJob=4Q157, 11QtgJob=11Q10).
- 3Q15 (3QTreasurea) The Copper Scroll.
- 4Q321 (Mishmarot Ba) Calendrical Document