Executive Order 2744
|←Executive Order 2743-A||Executive Order 2744
Fixing Salary Of, And Vesting Certain Power And Authority In, The Alien Property Custodian Appointed Under Trading With The Enemy Act
|Executive Order 2745→|
|See the Notes section for a list of Executive Orders affected by or related to the issuance of this Executive Order.|
By virtue of the authority vested in me by "an Act to define, regulate, and punish trading with the enemy" approved October 6, 1917, I hereby make and establish the following order:
- I hereby fix the salary of the Alien Property Custodian heretofore appointed at the sum of $5,000 per annum. I direct that said Alien Property Custodian shall give a bond in the amount of $100,000.00, with security to be approved by the Attorney General, and which bond shall be conditioned to well and faithfully hold, administer, and account for all money and property in the United States due or belonging to an enemy or ally of enemy, or otherwise, which may be paid, conveyed, transferred, assigned, or delivered to said Custodian under the provisions of the Trading with the Enemy Act.
- I hereby authorize and empower the Alien Property Custodian to employ and appoint in the manner provided in the Trading with the Enemy Act in the District of Columbia and elsewhere, and to fix the compensation of such clerks, attorneys, investigators, accountants, and other employees as he may find necessary for the due administration of the powers conferred on such Alien Property Custodian by law or by any order of the President heretofore or hereafter made.
- I hereby vest in the Alien Property Custodian the executive administration of the provisions of Section 12 of the Trading with the Enemy Act pertaining to the designation of a depositary, or depositaries, and requiring all such designated depositaries to execute and file bonds and prescribing the form, amount, and security thereof. And I authorize and empower the Alien Property Custodian to designate any bank, or banks, or trust company, or trust companies, or other suitable depositary or depositaries located and doing business in the United States, as the depositary or depositaries with which said Alien Property Custodian may deposit any stocks, bonds, notes, time drafts, time bills of exchange, or other securities or property (except money, or cheques, or drafts payable on demand) of an enemy or ally of enemy and to prescribe the bond or bonds and the form, amount, and security thereof which shall be given by said depositary or depositaries.
- The following sums, or so much thereof as may be necessary, are hereby allotted out of the funds appropriated by the Trading with the Enemy Act to the following named officers:
To the Alien Property Custodian..................... $100,000.00, To the Federal Trade Commission.................. $ 25,000.00, To the Secretary of the Treasury.................... $ 15,000.00, To the War Trade Board................................. $ 25,000.00,
- The powers and authority herein vested in said Alien Property Custodian are in addition to the powers and authority vested in said Alien Property Custodian by the Executive Order of October 12, 1917.
The White House,
- 29 October, 1917.
- Executive Order 2729-A, October 12, 1917
|This work is in the public domain in the United States because it is a work of the United States federal government (see 17 U.S.C. 105).|