Executive Order 4179-A
Pursuant to Section 91 of the Act of Congress approved April 30, 1900, entitled "An Act to provide a Government for the Territory of Hawaii" (31 Stat. 141), as amended by Section 7 of the Act of Congress approved May 27, 1910 (36 Stat. 443), the property hereinafter described, being a part of what is known as the Sugar Loaf or Kakea Military Reservation, situated at Makiki, Island of Oahu, Territory of Hawaii, included in that reserved by Executive Order of November 24, 1908, is hereby restored to its previous status under the control of the Government of the Territory of Hawaii.
Beginning at a monument at the West corner of Mrs. John Waterhouse's property ("Olindita"), the azimuth and distance of said monument from "Kakea" Trig. Station being 296° 30′ 334.0 feet, as shown on Government Survey Registered Map No. 2397, and running by true azimuths:—
- 330° 15′ 88.4 feet along Mrs. John Waterhouse's property;
- 105° 00′ 28.2 feet;
- 150° 15′ 68.5 feet along remainder of Grant 6844 to Martha A. Waterhouse;
- 60° 00′ 68.8 feet along same to US Monument;
- 182° 47′ 232.2 feet;
- 310° 30′ 173.0 feet along Mrs. John Waterhouse's property to a US Monument;
- 41° 15′ 100.0 feet along same to the point of beginning.
Area 18,888 Square Feet.
With the consent of the Government of the Territory of Hawaii it is hereby ordered that the following described tract of land adjoining the Sugar Loaf (or Kakea) Military Reservation be and the same is hereby withdrawn and set aside for military purposes as a part of the Sugar Loaf Military Reservation.
Beginning at a US Monument at the Northwest corner of this parcel and the Southwest corner of Grant 6844 to Martha A. Waterhouse, the coordinates of said point of beginning referred to Government Survey Trig. Station "Kakea" being 193.42 feet South and 222.00 feet East, as shown on Government Survey Registered Map No. 2397, and running by true azimuths:—
- 285° 00′ 101.65 feet along Grant 6844 to Martha A. Waterhouse;
- 330° 15′ 28.2 feet across 20 Foot Roadway;
- 105° 00′ 158.3 feet along Round Top Forest Reserve;
- 256° 29′ 41.9 feet along US Military Reservation to the point of beginning.
Area 2,600 Square Feet.
The White House,
- March 20, 1925.
- See Related:
- Executive Order 978, November 24, 1908
|This work is in the public domain in the United States because it is a work of the United States federal government (see 17 U.S.C. 105).|