I'm Always Chasing Rainbows
|I'm Always Chasing Rainbows (1917)
- At the end of the rainbow there's happiness,
- And to find it how often I've tried,
- But my life is a race, just a wild goose chase,
- And my dreams have all been denied.
- Why have I always been a failure,
- What can the reason be?
- I wonder if the world's to blame,
- I wonder if it could be me?
- I'm always chasing rainbows,
- Watching clouds drifting by.
- My schemes are just like all my dreams,
- Ending in the sky,
- Some fellows look and find the sunshine,
- I always look and find the rain,
- Some fellows make a winning sometime,
- I never even make a gain,
- Believe me.
- I'm always chasing rainbows
- Waiting to find a little bluebird in vain.
- I've Looked to the west as the sun goes down,
- And I've followed its glorious rays
- But the faster I'd run I would miss the sun,
- My life's full of wasted days
- I've always been a natural loser,
- Each thing I touch must fall
- If good luck ever came to me
- It would never seem right at all.
|This work is in the public domain in the United States because it was published before January 1, 1923. It may be copyrighted outside the U.S. (see Help:Public domain).|