Jungle Tales of Tarzan
| Jungle Tales of Tarzan (1919)
|Edgar Rice Burroughs, comprising the sixth book in order of publication in his series about the title character Tarzan. Chronologically it is a midquel to the first Tarzan novel, Tarzan of the Apes, as the events recounted in it actually occur within Chapter 11 of that novel, between Tarzan's avenging of his ape foster mother's death and his becoming leader of his ape tribe.
Jungle Tales of Tarzan is a collection of twelve loosely-connected short stories written by |
- Chapter I: Tarzan's First Love
- Chapter II: The Capture of Tarzan
- Chapter III: The Fight for the Balu
- Chapter IV: The God of Tarzan
- Chapter V: Tarzan and the Black Boy
- Chapter VI: The Witch-Doctor Seeks Vengeance
- Chapter VII: The End of Bukawai
- Chapter VIII: The Lion
- Chapter IX: The Nightmare
- Chapter X: The Battle for Teeka
- Chapter XI: A Jungle Joke
- Chapter XII: Tarzan Rescues the Moon
- Bleiler, Everett (1948). The Checklist of Fantastic Literature. Chicago: Shasta Publishers, 67.
- Farmer, Philip José. Tarzan Alive: A Definitive Biography of Lord Greystoke. Doubleday, 1972.
|This work is in the public domain in the United States because it was published before January 1, 1923.
The author died in 1950, so this work is also in the public domain in countries and areas where the copyright term is the author's life plus 60 years or less. This work may also be in the public domain in countries and areas with longer native copyright terms that apply the rule of the shorter term to foreign works.