Legislative Decree 10 of 2001
Legislative Decree No. 10 of 2001 with respect to general amnesty for crimes affecting national security.
We, Hamad Bin Isa Al Khalifa, King of the Kingdom of Bahrain,
- having reviewed Article 41 of the Constitution,
- and Amiri Order No. 4 of 1975,
- and the Code of Criminal Procedure of 1966, as amended,
- and the Penal Code promulgated by Legislative Decree No. 15 of 1976, as amended,
- and complementing the Decrees issued with respect to the Special Amnesty for certain detainees and the Orders for releasing certain number of prisoners, and having decided to giving a chance for National Action for all the citizens,
- and with the approval of the Council of Ministers,
Hereby decree the following law:
Article 1 
A general amnesty shall be granted for crimes affecting national security and have been committed by citizens before the enactment of this Law and for which the court provided for in Article (185) of the Penal Code has the jurisdiction to hear.
Article 2 
The amnesty shall not include crimes provided for in the previous Article if they result in the death of a person or if included one of the crimes affecting the human life provided for Article (333 and 336) of the Penal Code.
Article 3 
The amnesty shall include detainees, defendants and convicts for which the provisions of this Law shall be applicable, provided that amnesty shall be implemented on citizens outside the country according to the applicable procedures.
Without prejudice to the rights of others, the cases resulting from the amnesty issued according to this Law, Decrees and Orders issued in this respect shall not be heard.
Article 4 
The Minister for Justice and Islamic Affairs and the Minister for the Interior, each in his respective capacity, shall implement this Law which shall come into force from the date of its issue and be published in the Official Gazette.
Amir of the State of Bahrain
Issued at Riffa Palace
On: 11th Thul Qeada, 1421 Hijra
Corresponding to: 5th February 2001