- "Life" in The How and Why Library, an article by Eleanor Stackhouse Atkinson
- Life, a biographical work on Samuel Johnson by James Boswell.
- "Life", a poem by Charlotte Brontë. ("Life, believe, is not a dream,")
- "Life", two poems by Florence Earle Coates
- "Life", a poem by Samuel Taylor Coleridge. ("As late I journeyed o’er the extensive plain")
- "Life", a poem by Paul Laurence Dunbar. ("A crust of bread and a corner to sleep in,")
- "Life", a poem by Richard Watson Gilder.
- "Life" in Littell's Living Age 128 (1658), a poem by H.D.R.
- "Life" in The Royal Path of Life, an essay by T. L. Haines and L. W. Yaggy* Life, a poem by George Herbert
- "Life", a poem by Robert Ervin Howard. ("They bruised my soul with a proverb,")
- "Life", a short story by Machado de Assis, translated by Isaac Goldberg
- "Life" in Stops of Various Quills, a poem by William Dean Howells
- "Life", a poem by Andrew Francis Lockhart.
- "Life" in Catholic Encyclopedia (1913), an article by Michael Maher
- "Life", a poem by Sarojini Naidu
- "Life", a poem by Edith Wharton. ("Life, like a marble block, is given to all,")
- Two poems by Ella Wheeler Wilcox: