Mind the Paint
|Mind the Paint (1912)
|Song from the musical Mind the Paint Girl.|
- I've a very charming dwelling,
- You know where without the telling,
- Decorated in a style that's rather quaint,
- Smart and quaint,
- When you pay my house a visit,
- You may scutinize or quizit,
- But, you must not touch the paint,
- Brand new paint.
- Mind the paint, Be careful, Mind the paint.
- Fingerprints will always show however faint.
- Once you smear it, or you scratch it,
- It's impossible to match it,
- Take care
- Do be careful!
- Mind the paint!
- I'm possessed of all the graces,
- Oh, a perfect dr-r-ream my face is!
- It may owe to art a trifle or it mayn't
- Or it mayn't,
- And I'll cry out for assistance,
- Should you fail to keep your distance,
- "Goodness gracious, mind the paint,
- Mind the paint."
|This work is in the public domain in the United States because it was published before January 1, 1923. It may be copyrighted outside the U.S. (see Help:Public domain).|