My Mother's Memory
There is one bright star in heaven
- Ever shining in my night;
God to me one guide has given
- Like the sailor's beacon light,
Set on every shoal of danger
- Sending out its warning ray
To the homebound weary stranger
- Looking for the land-locked bay.
In my farthest, wildest wand'rings
- I have turned me to that love,
As a diver, neath the water,
- Turns to watch the light above.
|This work published before January 1, 1923 is in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago.|