National and Community Service Trust Act of 1993/Title V
—Technical and Conforming Amendments
|National and Community Service Trust Act of 1993
Title V—Miscellaneous Provisions
TITLE V—MISCELLANEOUS PROVISIONS 
SEC. 501. COMPLIANCE WITH BUY AMERICAN ACT. 
- No funds appropriated pursuant to this Act (including the amendments made by this Act) may be expended by an entity unless the entity agrees that in expending the assistance the entity will comply with sections 2 through 4 of the Act of March 3, 1933 (41 U.S.C. 10a-10c, popularly known as the ``Buy American Act´´).
SEC. 502. SENSE OF CONGRESS; REQUIREMENT REGARDING NOTICE. 
- (a) PURCHASE OF AMERICAN-MADE EQUIPMENT AND PRODUCTS—
- In the case of any equipment or product that may be authorized to be purchased with financial assistance provided under this Act (including the amendments made by this Act), it is the sense of the Congress that entities receiving such assistance should, in expending the assistance, purchase only American-made equipment and products.
- (b) NOTICE TO RECIPIENTS OF ASSISTANCE—
- In providing financial assistance under this Act (including the amendments made by this Act), the Secretary of Education shall provide to each recipient of the assistance a notice describing the statement made in subsection (a) by the Congress.
SEC. 503. PROHIBITION OF CONTRACTS WITH PERSONS FALSELY LABELING PRODUCTS AS MADE IN AMERICA. 
- If it has been finally determined by a court or Federal agency that any person intentionally affixed a label bearing a `Made in America' inscription, or any inscription with the same meaning, to any product sold in or shipped to the United States that is not made in the United States, the person shall be ineligible to receive any contract or subcontract made with funds appropriated to carry out this Act, pursuant to the debarment, suspension, and ineligibility procedures described in sections 9.400 through 9.409 of title 48, Code of Federal Regulations.