Page:Annotated Edition of the Authorised Daily Prayer Book.djvu/970
1. Blessed art thou, O Lord our God, King of the universe, who makest the bands of sleep to fall upon mine eyes, and slumber upon mine eyelids.
May it be thy will, O Lord my God and God of my fathers, to suffer me to lie down in peace, and to let me rise up again in peace.
2. Hear, O Israel: the Lord our God, the Lord is One. Blessed be His name, whose glorious kingdom is for ever and ever.
And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.
3. And these words which I command thee this day shall be upon thine heart: and thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and thou shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up. And thou shalt bind them for a sign upon thine hand, and they shall be for frontlets between thine eyes. And thou shalt write them upon the doorposts of thy house and upon thy gates.
4. Blessed be the Lord by day; blessed be the Lord by night. Blessed be the Lord when we lie down; blessed be the Lord when we rise up.
5. Behold, he that guardeth Israel will neither slumber nor sleep.
6. Into thy hand I commend my spirit: thou hast redeemed me, O Lord God of truth.
7. For thy salvation I hope, O Lord.
- For Infants, 2, 6, and 7.