Page:Calendar of the Tavistock parish records.djvu/94
8o Tavistock Records. [1470-83
Glyn, John Cole, Richard LangifFord, John Yeleford. Feb. 1 7. 9 Edward I V.
 Grant by Richard hylle, to John Trecarell, John honychurch, Walter Burell, John ffitz, John Sawell, John Toker, John Drake, William Cadlegh, William Ayshford, Richard Dorant, John Alyn, John Lybbe, William Webbe, Bartholomew Wyndesor, John Brune, Thomas Greston, Richard Walshe, William Amadas, Richard Webbe, Thomas Brune, William Drake, Walter honychurch, Walter ffitz, Thomas Sawle, Stephen Toker, Robert Honychurch, John Dorantt, Richard Lybbe, Richard [LJandyer, John Hawcomb, John Swetyng, and Walter Maynard — land in Tauystok, at Pashill, and the gift of John Tayle, lately held by Hylle and others now dead [feoffees ?] The boundaries include lands of heirs of Walter Person west and south, and a highway leading towards the vVater north. Witnesses include — Richard Eggecomb armiger, John Sampson, Ralph fifoster, John Tayle, Richard Tayle. Dated Tauy- stock. Invention of Holy Cross. 16 Edward IV.
 Lease by Ralph Yrysh, prior of St. Mary Mag- dalene, to Ralph ffoster, of close belonging to the hospital called 'le mawdelyn parke.' Witnesses — John honychurch, William Ayshford, John Drake, mercer. Dated Tauystoke, Vigil of Nativity. 17 Edzvard IV.
 Grant by John Alyn to John Salter of tenement in Tauystok — tenements John Sawle east, John ffitz west, John Knyght south, highway north — lately in the posses- sion of William Choke, defunct, of the gift and feoffment of Eustace Salter. If John had no heirs then reversion in succession to Richard Salter his brother and his heirs, and Alice Babell their sister. Witnesses — John Honychurch, John ffitz, John Sawle, John Knyght, Thomas Pepell. Dated Tauystok, Simon and Jude. 18 Edward IV.
 Grant by William Ayshford to Benedict Taylour and John Alyn of all his messuages, lands, and tenements in the borough of Tauystok and in Endescomb within the parish of Tauystok. Witnesses — Richard Tayle, John ffoster, Thomas Pepell. Dated Tauystok, Saints Peter and Paul, 1483.
[Sealed with a rush ring. This affi^rds one of the earliest instances of a distinction made between the borough and parish of Tavistock.]