Additional Appropriation (1925–26).
Act No. 1 of 1926.
2. (1) All acts done by any committee established under Ordinance No. 7 of 1923 of Natal (hereinafter called a committee) and all acts done in good faith by any persons under the authority of a committee or of regulations made under the authority of the said Ordinance, or of the said Ordinance as amended by Ordinance No. 6 of 1924 of Natal, shall be deemed to have been lawfully done.
(2) All rates or charges imposed in terms of the said Ordinances by a committee shall be deemed to have been lawfully imposed; and all payments made in accordance with the said Ordinances to a committee shall be deemed to have been made in discharge of lawful obligations.
3. The amount of any rate or charge imposed in terms of the said Ordinances on or prior to the twenty-seventh day of November, 1925, by a committee but remaining unpaid at that date shall be deemed to be a debt to the Administrator of the Province of Natal, and to be or have been due and payable on such date as it purports or purported to be due and payable to the committee, and such debt may be recovered by the Administrator in any competent court.
4. (1) Subject to the provisions of this Act, all assets and rights which belong to or purported to belong to a committee shall be vested in the Administrator of the Province of Natal, who shall also be charged with all obligations incurred by a committee.
(2) If in any area in respect of which the assets and liabilities of a committee have been transferred to and are held by the Administrator under sub-section (1), any authority is hereafter lawfully constituted under section eighty-five of the South Africa Act, 1909, as amended by this Act, it shall be competent for the Provincial Council of the Province of Natal or for the Administrator of that Province acting under the advice of the executive committee, to transfer such assets and liabilities to such authority.
5. This Act may be cited as the Local Government (Provincial Powers) Act, 1926.