- (c) REPORT.—Not later than December 1, 2011, the Director of National Intelligence shall submit to the congressional intelligence committees a report on the resources required to implement the insider threat detection program referred to in subsection (a) and any other issues related to such implementation the Director considers appropriate to include in the report.
- (d) INFORMATION RESOURCES DEFINED.—In this section, the term ‘‘information resources’’ means networks, systems, workstations, servers, routers, applications, databases, websites, online collaboration environments, and any other information resources in an element of the intelligence community designated by the Director of National Intelligence.
SEC. 403. INSPECTOR GENERAL REPORT RECRUITMENT AND RETENTION OF RACIAL AND ETHNIC MINORITIES.
- (a) REPORT.—Not later than 180 days after the date of the enactment of this Act, the Inspector General of the Intelligence Community shall submit to Congress a report on the degree to which racial and ethnic minorities in the United States are employed in professional positions in the intelligence community and barriers to the recruitment and retention of additional racial and ethnic minorities in such positions.
- (b) FORM.—The report required under subsection (a) shall be submitted in unclassified form, but may include a classified annex.
SEC. 404. REPORT ON POTENTIAL CONSOLIDATION OF ELEMENTS OF THE INTELLIGENCE COMMUNITY.
- Not later than December 31, 2011, the Director of National Intelligence shall submit to congress a report containing any recommendations the Director considers appropriate for consolidating elements of the intelligence community.
Subtitle B—Other Elements
SEC. 411. DEFENSE INTELLIGENCE AGENCY COUNTERINTELLIGENCE AND EXPENDITURES.
- Section 105 of the National Security Act of 1947 (50 U.S.C. 403–5) is amended—
- (1) in subsection (b)(5), by inserting ‘‘and counterintelligence’’ after ‘‘human intelligence’’;
- (2) by redesignating subsection (c) as subsection (d); and
- (3) by inserting after subsection (b) the following:
- ‘‘(c) EXPENDITURE OF FUNDS BY THE DEFENSE INTELLIGENCE AGENCY.—(1) Subject to paragraphs (2) and (3), the Director of the Defense Intelligence Agency may expend amounts made available to the Director under the National Intelligence Program for human intelligence and counterintelligence activities for objects of a confidential, extraordinary, or emergency nature, without regard to the provisions of law or regulation relating to the expenditure of Government funds.
- ‘‘(2) The Director of the Defense Intelligence Agency may not expend more than five percent of the amounts made available to the Director under the National Intelligence Program for human intelligence and counterintelligence activities for a fiscal year for objects of a confidential, extraordinary, or emergency nature in accordance with paragraph (1) during such fiscal year unless—