There was a problem when proofreading this page.
THE GOD OF LOVE
|There's a Wideness in God's Mercy||22|
|Fredrick W. Faber,1854||Lizzie S. Tourjee,1878|
- There's a wide-ness in God's mer-cy,
Like the wide-ness of the sea;
There's a kind-ness in his jus-tice,
Which is more than lib-er-ty
- If our love were but more sim-ple,
We should take him at his word;
And our lives would be all sunshine
In the sweet-ness of our Lord
- For the love of God is broad -er
Than the meas-ure of man's mind;
And the heart of the E - ter - nal
Is most won - der-fu-ly kind
|The King of Love My Shepherd Is||23|
|(DOMINUS REGIT ME. 8,7,8,7)|
|Henry W. Baker,1868||John B. Dykes,1868|
- The King of love my Shep-herd is,
Whose good ness fail-eth nev-er;
I noth-ing lack if I am his,
And he is mine for-ev er.
- Where streams of liv-ing wa-ter flow,
My ran-somed soul he lead-eth,
And, where the ver-dant pas-tures grow,
With food ce-les-tial feed-eth.
- Per verse and fool-ish oft I strayed,
But yet in love he sought me,
And on his shoulder gen-tly laid, And home, re-joic-ing brought me.
- In death's dark vale I fear no ill
With thee, dear Lord, be side me;
Thy rod and staff my com-fort still,
Thy cross be- fore to guide me.
- And so through all the length of days,
Thy good-ness fail-eth nev-er;
Good Shepherd, may I sing thy praise
With-in thy house for-ev-er.