Page:United States Statutes at Large Volume 114 Part 3.djvu/1029

From Wikisource
Jump to: navigation, search
This page needs to be proofread.


PUBLIC LAW 106-469—NOV. 9, 2000 114 STAT. 2051 on any person who fails to remit or pay to the Alhance any amount due under this title. (7) ALTERNATIVE COLLECTION RULES.— The Alliance may establish, or approve a request of the oilheat industry in a State for, an alternative means of collecting the assessment if another means is determined to be more efficient or more effective. (c) SALE FOR USE OTHER THAN AS OILHEAT. —NO. 1 distillate and NO. 2 dyed distillate sold for uses other than as oilheat are excluded from the assessment. (d) INVESTMENT OF FUNDS. — Pending disbursement under a program, project or contract or other agreement the Alliance may invest funds collected through assessments, and any other funds received by the Alliance, only— (1) in obligations of the United States or any agency of the United States; ii (2) in general obligations of any State or any political subdivision of a State; (3) in any interest-bearing account or certificate of deposit of a bank that is a member of the Federal Reserve System; or (4) in obligations fully guaranteed as to principal and interest by the United States. (e) STATE, LOCAL, AND REGIONAL PROGRAMS.— (1) COORDINATION.—The Alliance shall establish a program coordinating the operation of the Alliance with the operator of any similar State, local, or regional program created under State law (including a regulation), or similar entity. (2) FUNDS MADE AVAILABLE TO QUALIFIED STATE ASSOCIA- TIONS. — (A) IN GENERAL.— (i) BASE AMOUNT.—The Alliance shall make available to the qualified State association of each State an amount equal to 15 percent of the amount of assessments collected in the State. (ii) ADDITIONAL AMOUNT.— (I) IN GENERAL.—^A qualified State association may request that the Alliance provide to the association any portion of the remaining 85 percent of the amount of assessments collected in the State. (II) REQUEST REQUIREMENTS.— A request under this clause shall— (aa) specify the amount of funds requested; (bb) describe in detail the specific uses for which the requested funds are sought; (cc) include a commitment to comply with this title in using the requested funds; and (dd) be made publicly available. Public (III) DIRECT BENEFIT. —The Alliance shall not information. provide any funds in response to a request under this clause unless the Alliance determines that the funds will be used to directly benefit the oilheat industry. (IV) MONITORING; TERMS, CONDITIONS, AND REPORTING REQUIREMENTS.—The Alliance shall—