Page:United States Statutes at Large Volume 7.djvu/200

From Wikisource
Jump to: navigation, search
This page needs to be proofread.

190 TREATY WITH THE MIAMIES. 1818. thereof One other reservation, of ten miles square, opposite the mouth of the river A Bouette. One other reservation, of ten miles square, at the village on Sugar Tree Creek. One other reservation, of two miles square, at the mouth of a creek, called Flat Rock, where the road to White river crosses the same. Tracts granted Am. 3. The United States agree to grant, by patent, in fee simple, b! U- S- Fo J-B- to Jean Bapt. Richardville, principal chief of the Miami nation of In- R‘°h°"dvm°' dians, the following tracts of land: Three sections of land, beginning about twenty-five rods below his house, on the river St. Mary’s, near Fort Wayne; thence, at right angles with the course of the river, one mile; and from this line, and the said river, up the stream thereof, for quantity. Two sections, upon the east side of the St. Mary’s river, near Fort Wayne, running east one mile with the line of the military reservation; thence, from that line, and from the river, for quantity. Two sections, on the Twenty-seven mile creek, where the road from St. Mary’s to Fort Wayne crosses it, being one section on each side of said creek. Two sections on the left bank of the Wabash, commencing at the forks and running down the river. Orher gramsto The United States also agree to grant to each of the following per- P¢¤‘S¤¤¤ Mmed- sons, being Miami Indians by birth, and their heirs, the tracts of land herein described. To Joseph Richardville and Joseph Richardville, jun. two sections of land, being one on each side of the St. Mary’s river, and below the reservation made on that river by the treaty of Greenville, in 1795. To Wemetche or the Crescent, one section, below and adjoining the reservation of Anthony Chesne, on the west side of the St. Mary’s river, and one section immediately opposite to Macultamunqua or Black Loon. To Keenquatakqua or Long Hair, Aronzon or Twilight, Peconbequa or a Woman striking, Aughquamauda or Difficulty, and to Miaghqua or Noon, as joint tenants, live sections of land upon the Wabash river, the centre of which shall be the Wyandot village, below the mouth of Tippecanoe river. To Francois Godfroy, six sections of land, on the Salamanie river, at a place called La Petite Prairie. To Louis Godfroy, six sections of land, upon the St. Mary’s river, above the reservation of Anthony Shane. To Charley, a Miamie chief, one section of land, on the west side of the St. Mary’s river, below the section granted to Pemetche or the Crescent. To the two eldest children of Peter Langlois, two sections of land, at a place formerly called Village du Puant, at the mouth of the river called Pauceaupichoux. To the children of Antoine Bondie, two sections of land, on the border of the Wabash river, opposite a place called l’Esle a l’Aille. To Francois Lafontaine and his son, two sections of land, adjoining and above the two sections granted to Jean Bapt. Richardville, near Fort Wayne, and on the same side of the St. Mary’s river. To the children of Antoine Rivarre, two sections of land, at the mouth of the Twenty-seven mile creek, and below the same. To Peter Langlois’ youngest child, one section of land, opposite the Chipaille, at the Shawnese village. To Peter Labadie, one section of land, on the river St. Mary’s, below the section granted to Charley. To the son of George Hunt, one section of land, on the west side of the St. Mary’s river, adjoining the two sections granted to Francois Lafontaine and his son.