- "Forests and Fruit-Growing", in Popular Science Monthly Volume 2, December 1872
- "European Schools of Forestry", in Popular Science Monthly Volume 19, July 1881
- "Annual Growth of Trees", in Popular Science Monthly Volume 22, December 1882
- The Need of a Rational Forest Policy, October 1889 by Carl Schurz
- "The Forestry Problem," by Carl Schurz in Harper's Weekly Editorials by Carl Schurz April 1897
- “Lumber Industry,” The New International Encyclopædia. New York: Dodd, Mead and Co., 1905.
- "Friends of Our Forests," by Henry W. Henshaw in National Geographic Magazine, April 1917
- “Forestry in the United States” in The Encyclopedia Americana. New York, 1920.
- Arbour Day Forestry Announcement, 1958 by Haile Selassie