Balanced Budget Act of 1997
(Redirected from Public Law 105-33)
To provide for reconciliation pursuant to subsections (b)(1) and (c) of section 105 of the concurrent resolution
on the budget for fiscal year 1998.
- Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,
|This work is incomplete. If you'd like to help expand it, see the help pages and the style guide, or leave a comment on this work's talk page.|
Section 1. Short Title.
- This Act may be cited as the ``Balanced Budget Act of 1997´´.
Sec. 2. Table of Titles.
- This Act is organized into titles as follows:
|TITLE I||FOOD STAMP PROVISIONS|
|TITLE II||HOUSING AND RELATED PROVISIONS|
|TITLE III||COMMUNICATIONS AND SPECTRUM ALLOCATION PROVISIONS|
|TITLE IV||MEDICARE, MEDICAID, AND CHILDREN'S HEALTH PROVISIONS|
|TITLE V||WELFARE AND RELATED PROVISIONS|
|TITLE VI||EDUCATION AND RELATED PROVISIONS|
|TITLE VII||CIVIL SERVICE RETIREMENT AND RELATED PROVISIONS|
|TITLE VIII||VETERANS AND RELATED MATTERS|
|TITLE IX||ASSET SALES, USER FEES, AND MISCELLANEOUS PROVISIONS|
|TITLE X||BUDGET ENFORCEMENT AND PROCESS PROVISIONS|
|TITLE XI||DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA REVITALIZATION|
- Note: This is a hand enrollment pursuant to Public Law 105-32.
Approved August 5, 1997.
- HOUSE REPORTS:
- No. 105-149 (Comm. on the Budget)
- No. 105-217 (Comm. of Conference)
- CONGRESSIONAL RECORD, Vol. 143 (1997):
- June 25, Considered and passed House.
- June 25, Considered and passed Senate, amended, in lieu of S. 947.
- July 30, House agreed to conference report.
- July 30, Senate considered conference report.
- July 31, Senate agreed to conference report.
- WEEKLY COMPILATION OF PRESIDENTIAL DOCUMENTS, Vol. 33 (1997):
- FEDERAL REGISTER, Vol. 62 (1997):
- Aug. 12, Cancellation of item pursuant to Line Item Veto Act.
- HOUSE REPORTS:
- Joint Resolution waiving certain enrollment requirements with respect to H.R. 2015 (Became Public Law 105-33; this Act).
- Line Item Veto Act
- Budget Enforcement Act of 1990
- (Public Law 101-508, Title XIII)
- Balanced Budget and Emergency Deficit Control Reaffirmation Act of 1987
- (Public Law 100-119, Title I)
- Balanced Budget and Emergency Deficit Control Act of 1985
- (Public Law 99-177, Title II)
- Congressional Budget Act of 1974
- (Public Law 93-344, Title I thru Title IX)