Public Law 111-229
To provide adequate commitment authority for fiscal year 2010 for guaranteed loans that are obligations of the General and Special Risk Insurance Funds of the Department of Housing and Urban Development.
- Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,
Section 1. Mortgage Insurance Premiums.
- (a) Flexibility.—Subparagraph (B) of section 203(c)(2) of the National Housing Act ( ) is amended—
- (1) in the matter preceding clause (i)—
- (A) by striking “shall” and inserting “may”; and
- (B) by striking “0.50 percent” and inserting “1.5 percent”; and
- (2) in clause (ii), by striking “shall be in an amount not exceeding 0.55 percent” and inserting “may be in an amount not exceeding 1.55 percent”.
- (b) Implementation.—The Secretary may adjust the amount of any initial or annual premium charged pursuant to subsection (a) through notice published in the Federal Register or mortgagee letter. Such notice or mortgagee letter shall establish the effective date of any premium adjustment therein.
Sec. 2. Congressional Testimony.
- The Assistant Secretary of the Department of Housing and Urban Development who is the Federal Housing Commissioner shall appear before the Committee on Banking, Housing and Urban Affairs of the Senate and the Committee on Financial Services of the House of Representatives within 270 days after the enactment of this Act to discuss the finances, including premiums, of the Federal Housing Administration.
Approved August 11, 2010