Same Sort of Girl
|Same Sort of Girl (1914)
|Song from the musical The Girl from Utah.|
- (He) I won't deny that I've had fancies galore
- say three or four Well, may be more
- I've often thought: This one I truly adore
- Then in a minute I'd find there's nothing in it.
- Same sort of girl and the same sort of boy,
- Same sort of whirl in the same round of joy,
- Same "making eyes" and the same tender sighs,
- same moonlight walk, same silly talk,
- Same old duet sung by Adam and Eve,
- Same sort of fibs that no one can believe,
- I thought that old game was one that I knew.
- But it's so different with you.
- (She) I've been a summer girl and met two or three
- who I agree Looked nice to me
- Each one I fancied my ideal might be
- Then I'd waken and find I had been mistaken.