Saudi Arabia Unveils Its War Against Islam and Its Scholars
|Saudi Arabia Unveils Its War Against Islam and Its Scholars (1994)
|Written September 12, 1994 while bin Laden was living in the Sudan.
Translated by the CTC at West Point Military Academy; minor errors that resulted in poor English, at the fault of the translators themselves, have been corrected to prevent giving an unfairly skewered view of the author.
As a response to the instructions o fthe U.S. delegation that visited Saudi Arabia recently, intelligence agents are conducting arrests of dozens of prominent scholars and preachers. This has been done in synchronization with the compreshensive Jewish campaign to humiliate the countries in the region and the Muslim people, an dto surrender to the enemies of the nation. It also coincides with the beginning of public acknowledgment of the relationship of the Kingdom with the Zionist entity, which is classified among the friendly countries, according to the Ambassador in the US, Bandar bin Sultan. It is also in keeping with the repeated actions of the despots, deliving abortive blows to the Muslim serenity and its leadership symbols, in order to hinder its blessed progression. It also goes along with King Fahd's policy of turning people away from the path of God. Among these arrests, the worst ones are those of Shaykh Salman al-'Awdah, and the summons of Shaykh Safar al-Hawali. These two venerable Shaykhs are known for their sessions of knowledge and fervor for the religion, the declaration of the truth, the determination for the nation's good and the defence of the people's rights.
We in the Committee for Advice and Reform strongly condemn this evil crime. We see that it has many interpretations, including the following:
- The announcement by the Kingdom's government, of the unveiled war against Islam and its scholars. This war is evident in the attacks against the preachers, the hindering of the call, and the forbidding of the conveyance of the religion of God. This is an infringement on the limits of God, his book, and the deeds of his prophet, peace and prayers be upon him. With this, it was confirmed tha the Kingdom's government is no different from the secular governments that publicly declared on Islam.
- This also announces the beginning of the regime's progressively comprehensive plan to crash the Muslim cordiality, and its scholarly as well as public leaderships. These actions are the result of an incontestable deceit and deep-rooted hatred. They believe that they can do that. "Their intention is to extinguish the God's light with their mouths, but God will complete his light, even though unbelieves may detest it".
- To the scholars, from whom the authority succeeded to eliminate the truth or the ones who preferred to be silent, on purpose or by presumption. We would like to remind you that God made you answerable to the trust of knowledge and responsible for showing the truth. Moreover, you are required to stand with your fighting scholar brothers in their defense. This implements what the Prophet, peace and prayers be upon him, said "The Muslim is the brother of the Muslim. He does not oppress him, disappoint him or betray him." Agreed upon. Otherwise, it is a betrayal of trust, which will be viewed as a disgrace and regret on the Day of Judgment.
- To the Muslims in the government organizations: We salute the large majority that sympathizes with the scholars. We would like to remind those who had a misstep that there is no obedience in disobey the Creator. Moreover, you are legally forbidden to obey the orders of your superiors, to arrest the scholars, or to attack the preachers. If you do so, you become an accomplice in the offense. "And the unbelievers say to those who believe: 'Follow out path, and we will bear the consequences of our faults' Never in the least will they bear their faults: In fact they are liars."Furthermore, know that this is straying from the path of God: the compulsion is not taken into consideration in the case of blood crimes. Remember his, prayers and peace be upon him, sermon of the Goodbye Pilgrimage. "Any Muslim is forbidden to another Muslim, in his blood, in his money and in his honour," reported by Shaykh Muslim. Know that the morning is very near! The criminals will run away, as did the Shah of Iran and Ali al-Bayd. Glad he is, the one who used these cases as a lesson.
- To the Saudi government, headed by King Fahd: The people of the peninsula are proud people who were raised on love and respect for the scholars. They are guards of the Prophets' heirs. They have promised to continue to love them, support them and defend them. If you refuse anything short of fighting the supporters of God, then be cheerfully advised of a war with God. As he, prayers and peace be upon him, said "God, All-Blessing and All-Might Said: He who becomes the enemy of a supporter, I have allowed war against him", as reported by Shaykh Buhayri. Moreover, with such events, you add more disclosure of shame. "Or do those whose hearts are diseased that think God will not bring to light all their rancor?"
These blatant attacks and this irresponsible behaviour do not leave any pretense for being a Muslim, they take it away. They do not leave a fake mask, instead they remove it. Moreover, your allegiance to the enemies has reached its end and your war against Islam and its followers has become activated from one end to the other. Therefore, you will be responsible before God and your people for anything that will result from these events and matters. "Mighty indeed were the plots that they made. But their plots were within the sight of God, even though they were such as to shake the hill. Never think God would fail his messengers, in his promise: For God is exalted in power - the Lord of Retribution."
On their behalf:
- Usamah bin Muhammad bin Ladin
|This is a translation and has a separate copyright status from the original text. The license for the translation applies to this edition only.|