Searchlights on Health/Producing Boys or Girls at Will
|←Impotence and Sterility||Searchlights on Health
Producing Boys or Girls at Will
|Abortion or Miscarriage→|
PRODUCING BOYS OR GIRLS AT WILL.
1. CAN THE SEXES BE PRODUCED AT WILL?—This question has been asked in all ages of the world. Many theories have been advanced, but science has at last replied with some authority. The following are the best known authorities which this age of science has produced.
2. THE AGRICULTURAL THEORY.—The agricultural theory as it may be called, because adopted by farmers, is that impregnation occurring within four days of the close of the female monthlies produces a girl, because the ovum is yet immature; but that when it occurs after the fourth day from its close, gives a boy, because this egg is now mature; whereas after about the eighth day this egg dissolves and passes off, so that impregnation is thereby rendered impossible, till just before the mother's next monthly.—Sexual Science.
3. QUEEN BEES LAY FEMALE EGGS FIRST, and male after wards. So with hens; the first eggs laid after the tread give females, the last males. Mares shown the stallion late in their periods drop horse colts rather than fillies.—Napheys.
4. IF YOU WISH FEMALES, give the male at the first sign of heat; if males, at its end.—Prof. Thury.
5. ON TWENTY-TWO SUCCESSIVE OCCASIONS I desired to have heifers, and succeeded in every case. I have made in all twenty-nine experiments, after this method, and succeeded in every one, in producing the sex I desired.—A Swiss Breeder.
6. THIS THURY PLAN has been tried on the farms of the Emperor of the French with unvarying success.
7. CONCEPTION IN THE FIRST HALF of the time between the menstrual periods produces females, and males in the latter.—London Lancet.
8. INTERCOURSE in from two to six days after cessation of the menses produces girls, in from nine to twelve, boys.—Medical Reporter.
THE MOST MALE POWER and passion creates boys; female girls. This law probably causes those agricultural facts just cited thus: Conception right after menstruation give girls, because the female is then the most impassioned; later, boys, because her wanting sexual warmth leaves him the most vigorous. Mere sexual excitement, a wild, fierce, furious rush of passion, is not only not sexual vigor, but in its inverse ratio; and a genuine insane fervor caused by weakness; just as a like nervous excitability indicates weak nerves instead of strong. Sexual power is deliberate, not wild; cool, not impetuous; while all false excitement diminishes effectiveness.—Fowler.