Ante-Nicene Fathers/Volume II/THE PASTOR OF HERMAS/Book Second.
< Ante-Nicene Fathers | Volume II | THE PASTOR OF HERMAS(Redirected from Shepherd of Hermas: Book of Mandates (Roberts-Donaldson translation))
|←Vision Fifth. Concerning the Commandments.||Ante-Nicene Fathers Vol. II, The Pastor of Hermas by , translated by Frederick Crombie
|Commandment First. On Faith in God.→|
- Commandment First. On Faith in God.
- Commandment Second. On Avoiding Evil-Speaking, and on Giving Alms in Simplicity.
- Commandment Third. On Avoiding Falsehood, and on the Repentance of Hermas for His Dissimulation.
- Commandment Fourth. On Putting One's Wife Away for Adultery.
- Commandment Fifth. Of Sadness of Heart, and of Patience.
- Commandment Sixth. How to Recognise the Two Spirits Attendant on Each Man, and How to Distinguish the Suggestions of the One from Those of the Other.
- Commandment Seventh. On Fearing God, and Not Fearing the Devil.
- Commandment Eighth. We Ought to Shun that Which is Evil, and Do that Which is Good.
- Commandment Ninth. Prayer Must Be Made to God Without Ceasing, and with Unwavering Confidence.
- Commandment Tenth. Of Grief, and Not Grieving the Spirit of God Which is in Us.
- Commandment Eleventh. The Spirit and Prophets to Be Tried by Their Works; Also of the Two Kinds of Spirit.
- Commandment Twelfth. On the Twofold Desire. The Commandments of God Can Be Kept, and Believers Ought Not to Fear the Devil.