Tarzan of the Apes
|Tarzan of the Apes (1912)
|Tarzan of the Apes is the first in a series of over twenty books about the title character Tarzan. It was first published in a pulp magazine in 1912, and a book edition followed in 1914.— Excerpted from Tarzan of the Apes on Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
Full book scan of the 1914 A.L. Burt edition available at Google Books
one or more chapters are available in a spoken word format.
- Chapter 1: Out to Sea
- Chapter 2: The Savage Home
- Chapter 3: Life and Death
- Chapter 4: The Apes
- Chapter 5: The White Ape
- Chapter 6: Jungle Battles
- Chapter 7: The Light of Knowledge
- Chapter 8: The Tree-Top Hunter
- Chapter 9: Man and Man
- Chapter 10: The Fear-Phantom
- Chapter 11: "King of the Apes"
- Chapter 12: Man's Reason
- Chapter 13: His Own Kind
- Chapter 14: At the Mercy of the Jungle
- Chapter 15: The Forest God
- Chapter 16: "Most Remarkable"
- Chapter 17: Burials
- Chapter 18: The Jungle Toll
- Chapter 19: The Call of the Primitive
- Chapter 20: Heredity
- Chapter 21: The Village of Torture
- Chapter 22: The Search Party
- Chapter 23: Brother Men
- Chapter 24: Lost Treasure
- Chapter 25: The Outpost of the World
- Chapter 26: The Height of Civilization
- Chapter 27: The Giant Again
- Chapter 28: Conclusion
|This work is in the public domain in the United States because it was published before January 1, 1923.
The author died in 1950, so this work is also in the public domain in countries and areas where the copyright term is the author's life plus 60 years or less. This work may also be in the public domain in countries and areas with longer native copyright terms that apply the rule of the shorter term to foreign works.