The Encyclopedia Americana (1920)/Heidelberg University (Ohio)
|←Heidelberg University||The Encyclopedia Americana
Heidelberg University (Ohio)
|Edition of 1920. See also Heidelberg University (Ohio) on Wikipedia, and the disclaimer.|
HEIDELBERG UNIVERSITY, Ohio, coeducational institution at Tiffin, founded as a college in 1850, under the auspices of the Reformed Church in the United States and reorganized as Heidelberg University in 1890. It has departments of theology, liberal arts, commerce, oratory, art and music, and preparatory and summer schools. It confers the degrees of A.B., B.S., P.B. and B.L. In 1916 it had 36 professors and instructors; 650 students; a library of over 25,000 volumes; the grounds and buildings were valued at $400,000; the productive funds amounted to $360,000, and the income to $40,000.