The Hall of Waltheof
||The source document of this text is not known.
Please see this document's talk page for details for verification. "Source" means a location at which other users can find a copy of this work. Ideally this will be a scanned copy of the original that can be uploaded to Wikimedia Commons and proofread. If not, it is preferably a URL; if one is not available, please explain on the talk page.
- I. Introductory Remarks: An Urn Burial at Crookes
- II. Carl's Wark
- III. Stone and Bronze Implements
- IV. The Bar Dike and Other Earthworks at Bradfield
- V. Bailey Hill—The Long Mound—Castle Hill
- VI. Assembly Stones—Mere Stones
- VII. The Seven Stones
- VIII. Wadlsey
- IX. Foundation Sacrifice
- X. Mythological Place-Names
- XI. Holy Wells
- XII. The Cross
- XIII. The Hand-Mill
- XIV. Folkland and Bookland
- XV. Mushroom Hall—Given Land
- XVI. The Burgery or Corporation of Sheffield
- XVII. The Burgery or Corporation of Sheffield (Continued)
- XVIII. The Unfree—The Irish Element—"Scotland"
- XIX. Some Sheffield Street-Names
- XX. The Bull Stake—Bull Week
- XXI. Holly Rents
- XXII. The House
- XXIII. "Ibi Habuit Wallef Comes Aulam"
- XXIV. Place-Names of Scandinavian Origin
- XXV. Other Traces of the Norsemen
- XXVI. Brightside
- XXVII. The Itinerant Merchant
- XXVIII. The Scenery
- XXIX. The Bee-Keeper
- XXX. Old Ironworks—"Scowles"—Scholes
- XXXI. The Ridgeway
- XXXII. The Earthwork in Roe Wood
- XXXIII. The Romans: Scotland Balk
- XXXIV. The Romans: The Long Causey
- XXXV. The Stannington Diploma—The Stone Villa—The Hall
- Corrections and Additions
|This work is in the public domain in the United States because it was published before January 1, 1923.
The author died in 1933, so this work is also in the public domain in countries and areas where the copyright term is the author's life plus 75 years or less. This work may also be in the public domain in countries and areas with longer native copyright terms that apply the rule of the shorter term to foreign works.