The Iron Heel
|The Iron Heel (1907)
"At first, this Earth, a stage so gloomed with woe
You almost sicken at the shifting of the scenes.
And yet be patient. Our Playwright may show
In some fifth act what this Wild Drama means."
- Chapter I - My Eagle
- Chapter II - Challenges
- Chapter III - Johnson's Arm
- Chapter IV - Slaves of the Machine
- Chapter V - The Philomaths
- Chapter VI - Adumbrations
- Chapter VII - The Bishop's Vision
- Chapter VIII - The Machine Breakers
- Chapter IX - The Mathematics of a Dream
- Chapter X - The Vortex
- Chapter XI - The Great Adventure
- Chapter XII - The Bishop
- Chapter XIII - The General Strike
- Chapter XIV - The Beginning of the End
- Chapter XV - Last Days
- Chapter XVI - The End
- Chapter XVII - The Scarlet Livery
- Chapter XVIII - In the Shadow of Sonoma
- Chapter XIX - Transformation
- Chapter XX - The Last Oligarch
- Chapter XXI - The Roaring Abysmal Beast
- Chapter XXII - The Chicago Commune
- Chapter XXIII - The People of the Abyss
- Chapter XXIV - Nightmare
- Chapter XXV - The Terrorists
|This work is in the public domain in the United States because it was published before January 1, 1923.
The author died in 1916, so this work is also in the public domain in countries and areas where the copyright term is the author's life plus 80 years or less. This work may also be in the public domain in countries and areas with longer native copyright terms that apply the rule of the shorter term to foreign works.