The Land of "Let's Pretend"
|The Land of "Let's Pretend" (1914)
|Song from the musical The Girl from Utah.|
- Tonight we take you for awhile,
- By the lure of song and smile,
- And lilt of careless laughter,
- Far from thought of work aday,
- Where the only work is play,
- With not a thought thereafter,
- (Prologue) So Follow our lead
- 'Tis but a puppet show,
- The songs and smiles,
- the laugh that beguiles,
- are nonsense we know.
- Forget all the world,
- Let Folly be your friend.
- Come follow, follow one and all
- to the Land of "Lets Pretend."
- (Epilogue) You've Followed us through
- our little puppet play,
- With song and jest,
- we've all done our best,
- to pass time away.
- The wisest of men,
- Find Folly a good friend.
- And children young and old delight
- in the Land of "Lets Pretend."
This work is in the public domain in the United States because it was published before January 1, 1923.
The author died in 1945, so this work is also in the public domain in countries and areas where the copyright term is the author's life plus 60 years or less. This work may also be in the public domain in countries and areas with longer native copyright terms that apply the rule of the shorter term to foreign works.